Day #3
Welcome to Day #3 of being 'Accidentally Vegan'.
I'll be honest, I woke up this morning feeling great. Ordinarily I need a coffee to get me going in the morning; I call it my 'wake-up juice'. Don't get me wrong, I still had coffee this morning - I'm going vegan; not caffeine free! - but I felt good BEFORE the coffee. I also felt less bloated. I don't know if that means I've been doing my best impression of a band of marching trumpeters whilst I've been asleep or it's just that there's less processed rubbish in my diet but, all in all, it contributed to a good feeling this morning.
I had my usual for breakfast. That's not so much down to a lack of imagination as it is a lack of time. There are three certainties in life; death, taxes and the one time I am running late is the one time the train will be on time.
Dinner was also similar, again due to Tesco's fine selection of vegan friendly sandwiches and wraps in the chiller. I may wander further afield tomorrow to see what other delights I can find. I suppose McDonalds is off the menu at the moment. Well, maybe not the fries. Nats has just informed me that W.H.Smith offer a different vegan sandwich to the obligatory Falafel and Houmous. Apparently it's an onion bhaji sandwich! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!!
Dinner also involved some crisps and a melon and strawberry mix which Nats mixed up at home. That said, despite having a good dinner and snacking on brazil nuts in the morning and an apple in the afternoon, I was getting pretty darned hungry by tea time.
Tea was amazing. Yet, no real difference to what we've eaten before. We had Mexican spicy bean burgers in pita bread and sweet potato fries. I had some tomato ketchup on mine and Nats had some vegan cream cheese which looked suspiciously like polyfilla on hers. Apparently it tasted nice though.
All in all, I've felt good. I knew I'd be okay with the not eating meat thing, at least in Day #3, but I expected to be craving dairy by now. I'm taking that as a good sign.
As a side note, I've been a little surprised by people's attitudes, both good and bad. When I posted a photo of our shopping haul - all vegan - because I was surprised at how much cheaper it seemed to be than a normal shop, I didn't expect to break the internet more than Kim Kardashian's arse! It seems to have divided my Facebook friends list straight down the middle.
That said, the 'lovers' are being quite supportive and the 'not-lovers' are making me more determined to not fall off the wagon. There's one thing which outweighs my love of meat and that's my stubborn pigheadedness.
I'll be honest, I woke up this morning feeling great. Ordinarily I need a coffee to get me going in the morning; I call it my 'wake-up juice'. Don't get me wrong, I still had coffee this morning - I'm going vegan; not caffeine free! - but I felt good BEFORE the coffee. I also felt less bloated. I don't know if that means I've been doing my best impression of a band of marching trumpeters whilst I've been asleep or it's just that there's less processed rubbish in my diet but, all in all, it contributed to a good feeling this morning.
I had my usual for breakfast. That's not so much down to a lack of imagination as it is a lack of time. There are three certainties in life; death, taxes and the one time I am running late is the one time the train will be on time.
Dinner was also similar, again due to Tesco's fine selection of vegan friendly sandwiches and wraps in the chiller. I may wander further afield tomorrow to see what other delights I can find. I suppose McDonalds is off the menu at the moment. Well, maybe not the fries. Nats has just informed me that W.H.Smith offer a different vegan sandwich to the obligatory Falafel and Houmous. Apparently it's an onion bhaji sandwich! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!!
Dinner also involved some crisps and a melon and strawberry mix which Nats mixed up at home. That said, despite having a good dinner and snacking on brazil nuts in the morning and an apple in the afternoon, I was getting pretty darned hungry by tea time.
Tea was amazing. Yet, no real difference to what we've eaten before. We had Mexican spicy bean burgers in pita bread and sweet potato fries. I had some tomato ketchup on mine and Nats had some vegan cream cheese which looked suspiciously like polyfilla on hers. Apparently it tasted nice though.
All in all, I've felt good. I knew I'd be okay with the not eating meat thing, at least in Day #3, but I expected to be craving dairy by now. I'm taking that as a good sign.
As a side note, I've been a little surprised by people's attitudes, both good and bad. When I posted a photo of our shopping haul - all vegan - because I was surprised at how much cheaper it seemed to be than a normal shop, I didn't expect to break the internet more than Kim Kardashian's arse! It seems to have divided my Facebook friends list straight down the middle.
That said, the 'lovers' are being quite supportive and the 'not-lovers' are making me more determined to not fall off the wagon. There's one thing which outweighs my love of meat and that's my stubborn pigheadedness.
Comments
Post a Comment