Day #7 and I'm struggling a little...
Welcome to Day #7 and, if I'm totally honest, I'm struggling a little. Not so much on the temptation front as on the motivation one. I'm struggling to find the motivation to even write this. I woke up feeling fantastic and then had fresh fruit and yogurt (dairy-free of course) for breakfast. That was great. I enjoyed it. I don't know who I am or what I've done with the real Mike, but ordinarily Sunday morning would warrant bacon or egg & chips or something.
As the weather was absolutely nothing like forecast and was actually really nice - we're talking blue skies and sunshine - I decided to get the bike out and off I went. I cycled down through the villages, mixing in a few hills for good measure, and was finding it quite within capability. My stamina is currently down but that's to be expected as it's only my second time out on the bike this year and the first time was hard. Like, really hard! Remember, I got ill at the start of the year and it was pretty bad. The ride was great though. Only 12 miles but, like I said, my stamina's been down. I didn't want to overdo it.
Dinner ended up being pasta with cream-cheese stuffed pepper & stuffed mushroom. It was nice actually, and the cream cheese tastes far better than it looks!
As the weather was absolutely nothing like forecast and was actually really nice - we're talking blue skies and sunshine - I decided to get the bike out and off I went. I cycled down through the villages, mixing in a few hills for good measure, and was finding it quite within capability. My stamina is currently down but that's to be expected as it's only my second time out on the bike this year and the first time was hard. Like, really hard! Remember, I got ill at the start of the year and it was pretty bad. The ride was great though. Only 12 miles but, like I said, my stamina's been down. I didn't want to overdo it.
Got home and Nats prepared some dinner which turned out to be a bit of a hotchpotch. The plan to use the couscous went right out of the window when we discovered it had milk sugars and milk proteins in it. Honestly, why put milk sugars and proteins in couscous?! It's couscous.
Dinner ended up being pasta with cream-cheese stuffed pepper & stuffed mushroom. It was nice actually, and the cream cheese tastes far better than it looks!
Ignore the feet; I was sat on the floor.
The problem is that I've hit the wall now and I'm feeling it. It's a little reminiscent of Monday if I'm honest. I've got a headache which won't shift, despite drinking lots of water. I'm certainly lacking motivation. I'm hungry. I'm really hungry. I've devoured a pear, a couple of biscuits, and a peanut and choc chip cacao brownie bar. I've also just made myself a mug of sweet tea, hoping that'll raise my sugar levels a little, which I'm assuming is responsible for this crash.
I've used more energy today than normal, and I haven't put enough back in. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be an issue because I'd have some cheese on crackers or something else but we don't have any of that in. It's a conundrum. I might try some fries to go - microwavable efforts - to see if that helps... provided I'm allowed them.
We're not sure what tea will involve yet as I think we're both feeling a little that way out. It'll either be baked sweet potatoes with ratatouille or pop up to the local chinese takeaway and order a mix of things like vegetable spring rolls, etc. I'll have to check the menu.
I knew there'd be days like this. I expected them. I still feel pretty wretched having actually had one... but at least I got out on my bike this morning which is a win, whichever way you cut it.
Hopefully Day #8 will have a spring in my step again.
Comments
Post a Comment