Day #9 and it's shopping day...
Welcome to Day #9 and it's Tuesday. That means it's shopping day! Ordinarily, we get somewhere between two and three crates of food a week for the price. Some weeks, it feels a lot less and you actually start to wonder what you're paying for but that's another rant entirely. Not this week though! As with last week, we got four crates of food! Four! Some of it's brand names as well like Alpro and Linda McCartney. This just goes to show that it's genuinely worth really contemplating adopting a predominantly plant-based diet purely for cost reasons alone if nothing else. And you don't eat half bad! Okay, some of it is half bad. Some of it is ALL bad. Remember those not-fish fingers from Day #1? Awful.
I was late home for tea as the car was doing its best impression of a mobile disco with flashing dashboard lights. Nothing to worry about but I did have to get it checked. Then I popped by the archery club to see some friends and see about renewing my membership. Something else I've neglected all year due to a rather unpleasant start to it but it'll be good to get my Spigarelli out again.
See how I'm slowly getting better at this blogging thing too? I've linked back to 'Accidentally Vegan' on Day #1 there. I think. I hope it's worked.
Today's been much the same and I've maintained a good level of energy. I had peanut butter on toast for breakfast, as we were out of fresh fruit pending the shopping arriving. Dinner consisted of a falafel and houmous wrap, crisps, a vegetable samosa and a smoothie. Honestly, I'm not going hungry with this but still losing weight... or toning up. I'm not sure which. Either way, my clothes feel looser.
I was late home for tea as the car was doing its best impression of a mobile disco with flashing dashboard lights. Nothing to worry about but I did have to get it checked. Then I popped by the archery club to see some friends and see about renewing my membership. Something else I've neglected all year due to a rather unpleasant start to it but it'll be good to get my Spigarelli out again.
Adjacent is a picture of me shooting the bow some years back down at the club where I used to live. Before moving, getting married, etc. Back when every Saturday afternoon was spent in the range shooting for hours and hours and hours. I was pretty good too, if it's not too bold of me to say. I was regularly scoring over 500 on a Portsmouth round (maximum score is 600), shooting with a bow without sights or stabilisers. I did do another blog on archery which, to be honest, didn't really take off because I got bored writing it. If you're so inclined, you can find that here. I might pick it up again one day.
I'll stop getting distracted though now. Nats had made a tofu curry for tea and despite me saying I wasn't going to eat the tofu when it arrived last week, I did... and it was nice. Shhhh, don't tell her I said that. It was good though. The tofu had a strange almost soggy crumbly consistency which contrasted quite significantly to the crunchiness of the carrots and peppers but, I don't know, it wasn't as unpleasant as I thought it was going to be.
Tomorrow we hit Day #10 - about a third of the way through. I'll try and dream up some lessons I've learned over the past ten days.

Comments
Post a Comment