Day #19 and I'm seriously contemplating sacking it all off...
Welcome to Day #19 and I'm seriously contemplating just sacking it all off because, well, what is the point? You know, as well as seeing if I could actually do a month of 'veganism', it was also to try a get a greater understanding of the lifestyle and the people who follow it. Big mistake apparently!
I was trying to have a conversation today about what I'd learned and what my impressions were, highlighting the apparent differences between 'veganism' as a lifestyle and 'plant-based' as a diet, and how they appear to be different. I've had to do a lot of reading up and a lot of research to support anything I've been saying because I'm not a fan of just shouting off at the mouth and throwing unfounded accusations around.
I certainly wasn't expecting to get my head bitten off by an actual genuine vegan and be accused of thinking I'm an expert on it all over this person. That certainly wasn't my intention. In fact, I'd hoped this had opened my eyes more to it and allowed me to speak with more experience on it but, you know, apparently not. Sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong, so why even bother eh?
Will I sack it off? Maybe, maybe not. I'll sleep on it. We're having burritos for tea tonight and they're nice regardless. At least this whole thing has opened my eyes to knew ways of eating, even if I don't agree with all of them. I'm just feeling pretty demoralised with it if I'm honest. I don't know. I'm tired.
Here's a picture of dinner to at least put a positive spin on this post. It was the roasted red pepper and houmous wrap, artistically arranged of course.
I was trying to have a conversation today about what I'd learned and what my impressions were, highlighting the apparent differences between 'veganism' as a lifestyle and 'plant-based' as a diet, and how they appear to be different. I've had to do a lot of reading up and a lot of research to support anything I've been saying because I'm not a fan of just shouting off at the mouth and throwing unfounded accusations around.
I certainly wasn't expecting to get my head bitten off by an actual genuine vegan and be accused of thinking I'm an expert on it all over this person. That certainly wasn't my intention. In fact, I'd hoped this had opened my eyes more to it and allowed me to speak with more experience on it but, you know, apparently not. Sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong, so why even bother eh?
Will I sack it off? Maybe, maybe not. I'll sleep on it. We're having burritos for tea tonight and they're nice regardless. At least this whole thing has opened my eyes to knew ways of eating, even if I don't agree with all of them. I'm just feeling pretty demoralised with it if I'm honest. I don't know. I'm tired.
Here's a picture of dinner to at least put a positive spin on this post. It was the roasted red pepper and houmous wrap, artistically arranged of course.

Comments
Post a Comment