Day #24 and I've fallen off the wagon...
Welcome to #24 and it started off hard. Just finding the energy to haul myself out of bed was hard enough without having the rest of the day to limp myself through. I didn't even bother trying to drive to work because I didn't trust my concentration levels. I took the train instead. It's hard. Some friends who've been following this blog advised that I'm not eating enough and they're probably spot on. A mate reckons if I do some calorie counting for Omnivore Mike and Vegan Mike, I'm probably massively deficient at the moment and another friend said I need to eat more to get the same amount of what I actually need but bloody hell, how do I eat more? Unless I'm prepping the stuff myself, I'd spend a fortune trying to but every falafel and houmous wrap in Tesco... of which there were none today.
Instead, I wandered up to Marks and Sparks for dinner and discovered, to my disappointment, that the falafel and spinach wrap they do is also laced with feta. Grand. In the end, I got a roast vegetable sandwich, a vegetable samosa and some crisps. It was all quite tasty but my body is craving meat at the moment.
When I got in from work, Nats had prepared something with chickpeas, courgetti (the hipster!!!), and quinoa & wholegrain rice. It was... edible. It was okay. It was as good as it could be. It wasn't meat.
After tea, as there was about an hour until sunset, I decided to take my bike out for a spin. You know, get the legs working and work out the kinks. I've got to get my fitness back up, especially on hills. The start of the year really took its toll on me.
The ride was a short sharp hilly (for me) number just down through the villages and back up over the hills. Undulating. As I was coming back down into town at some speed - approx. 32 mph (feels bloody quick on a bike) - I had my mouth slightly open (I was still catching my breath from the climb). Shouldn't have had my mouth open. Shouldn't have done it. Always shut the mouth... but I didn't... and I swallowed... I can't even bring myself to say it. I... I... swallowed... a FLY! <sob>
That poor fly! It wouldn't have been a quick death either. Dear god, I hope it's dead and not wandering around saying "Hello?! Hello?! Anybody? Help me. H....help."
So there it is. It's official. 24 days in and I've fallen from the wagon. Might as well order a burger I suppose (I'm joking!!!).
Instead, I wandered up to Marks and Sparks for dinner and discovered, to my disappointment, that the falafel and spinach wrap they do is also laced with feta. Grand. In the end, I got a roast vegetable sandwich, a vegetable samosa and some crisps. It was all quite tasty but my body is craving meat at the moment.
When I got in from work, Nats had prepared something with chickpeas, courgetti (the hipster!!!), and quinoa & wholegrain rice. It was... edible. It was okay. It was as good as it could be. It wasn't meat.After tea, as there was about an hour until sunset, I decided to take my bike out for a spin. You know, get the legs working and work out the kinks. I've got to get my fitness back up, especially on hills. The start of the year really took its toll on me.
The ride was a short sharp hilly (for me) number just down through the villages and back up over the hills. Undulating. As I was coming back down into town at some speed - approx. 32 mph (feels bloody quick on a bike) - I had my mouth slightly open (I was still catching my breath from the climb). Shouldn't have had my mouth open. Shouldn't have done it. Always shut the mouth... but I didn't... and I swallowed... I can't even bring myself to say it. I... I... swallowed... a FLY! <sob>
That poor fly! It wouldn't have been a quick death either. Dear god, I hope it's dead and not wandering around saying "Hello?! Hello?! Anybody? Help me. H....help."
So there it is. It's official. 24 days in and I've fallen from the wagon. Might as well order a burger I suppose (I'm joking!!!).
Comments
Post a Comment