Day #26 and the end is nigh...

Welcome to Day #26 and apologies for not doing a Day #25.  At this stage in the game, I'm really running low on things to say.  Not today though.  I've finally found one!!!

Ignoring the conversation currently going on on my social media about what constitutes 'milk' and what can legally allowed to be called 'milk', e.g. soya isn't allowed, I've finally discovered, after almost 4 weeks of some pretty terrible coffees, a 'milk' that can do the job.  Oh, I've had some which were kind of milky and others which were down right malky, but this has been sat in the fridge for about a week whilst we ploughed through the cashew (which was awful and gave me a stomach upset), the almond (which was okay-ish but a bit gritty), the soya (which curdles rather like milk and ruins perfectly good coffee) and the coconut (which is a milk but bloody shouldn't be!). 

This one though is smooth and creamy, looks normal without the nastiness when added to coffee and actually tastes really nice on its own.  Surprisingly nice in fact.  In the last 26 days, I've thought "Sod that!" to every milk substitute I've tried, resorting to black coffee often and tolerating it knowing it was a temporary measure the rest of the time, but this... THIS... I could actually give up dairy milk for.  It's delicious.


Disclaimer:  I've only tried it in coffee and on its own so far, so the breakfast cereal and kedgeree tests are still to come... but I'm feeling positive.

Right, I'm off to drink my delicious coffee and vegetate in front of the TV.  That's funny, because it's vegan.

Comments